Sunday, February 14, 2010

Madness And Ultra Running

"It's astounding, time is fleeting
 Madness takes it's toll
 But listen closely, not for very much longer
 I've got to keep control."

- from "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"
  

 "It isn't a race until the nut jobs arrive."


The trouble with being a nut job is that you are constantly signing up for madness.

Watching my friends train for the Beast of Burden Winter 100 ultra, I am in awe of what they are about to go through.  I'm not crazy enough to do it myself (yet), but I am definitely in awe of their voluntary madness.

In an attempt to help them, I've been cruising the internet looking for great sights to inspire and strengthen them.  Here is what I came up with:

Just remember, when the going gets nuts, who cares.
You're a nut job.  Madness looks good on you.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking the middle squirrel is Bob and the one wearing the UnderArmor hood is Clyde which makes you the one one the left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the third squirrel is Roger. But there probably should be a Sheri and Carol squirrel. Back to the drawing board.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.