Sunday, April 25, 2010

Running Wet, Running Strong

"If you are already wet, you won’t care about the rain." -  Romanian Proverb

As I lay in bed listening to the rain, I think about what I will wear for our run today. 
Then I wonder -  what do non-runners think about when they wake up to the sound of rain on a Sunday Morning?
I'll bet they don't think about going outside for a long walk.

If they look out their window and see a group of runners sprinting by, are they thinking "good for them"?  More likely it's "What's wrong with those people?".


Either way, I'm glad I'm a runner.  And I'm especially glad that I run with nut jobs.  


Sometimes it means running unforgiving hills when your legs are tired.  Sometimes it means sweating out twenty miles in the summer heat and sometimes it means getting really, really wet.


But it is always fun and it is always worth it.

If you haven't already, give a nut job a hug today.



Upcoming Races:
SFC Race For A Cause - Thursday, April 29th, 6:30 PM
Grand Island Half Marathon - Saturday, May 1st, 10:00 AM

Nut Job Ultras:
Interesting Links To Check Out:

Life Is Far Too Short To Drink Cheap Beer

Nutrition and Your Mental Edge
50 Things Everyone Should Know How To Do

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.