Thursday, November 20, 2008

Winter Running



It's Winter again. How does this happen? One day you're running in your shorts and singlet, sweat pouring out of your body. The next thing you know, you're pulling your insulated wind pants on and tossing the yak traks in your running bag.

It's cold out. Inside my house it's 70 degrees. Outside, it's 11 degrees. Why go out?

Why? Because I run with nut jobs. Running in the cold is what they do. Below zero? 40 mph winds? Blinding snowstorm? They're practically salivating.

Lesson number one, if you want to stay warm, DON'T RUN WITH NUT JOBS!

Okay, I also go out because I need to run. I don't always feel like running when I leave my house, but I am ALWAYS glad that I ran when I come back in.

If you want to get the miles in and the tension out, running with nut jobs is the way to go. "What is a nut job?" you ask.

A nut job is a runner that is always ready to run, any distance, any pace, any time. If you need help getting motivated to run in the Winter, call a nut job. They'll be happy to run with you through the rain, wind or occasional blizzard.

It's what they do.



Check out my website at lifeworthpainting.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I am a NUT JOB and proud of it. I have many friends who look forward to a good storm to run in! Life is to short don't take it to seriously, you'll never make it out alive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.