Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Depositing My Miles

When the miles get hard I think of the running expression, putting the miles in the bank. If I keep making these weekly deposits, come Marathon Day, I get to spend it all.

I love to spend.

I've found that the best way to accumulate miles is to do it with friends. If your friends are nutjobs, even better. Nutjobs are ready anytime, anywhere, for any mileage.

To get your miles in, you just keep plugging along and eventually - sometimes miraculously - you get the job done.

Some days go better than others.

When the big day comes, all that will matter at the starting line is A) Are you healthy? and B) Did you get your training miles in?

If you can say yes to both of those questions, you've got it made.

So right now we're just depositing our miles - fast miles, slow miles, hill miles, road miles, strong miles, weird miles, ugly miles, wild miles.

Miles, miles, miles. Just get me to the finish line on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.