Sunday, September 26, 2010

Training For Insanity

"I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary." - Lou Holtz


The Oil Creek 100 Trail Runs is less than three weeks away.

My favorite nut jobs are training for it with a fine blend of hills, trails and mental insanity.

I love that they don't seem to care how hard something is going to be.  I love that their passion for running totally overrules any sense of sanity they may once have had.


Mud, cliffs, bears, unspeakable pain as the miles wear on into the night
. . . so many great subjects to take pictures of.  I can hardly wait!

 

















The photo of  you guys being chased through the woods by an angry bear is going to be awesome!  Good luck and have a great run!

                                                       *    *    *    *    *    *    *

Speaking of trail races, the Cannibal (last year’s Nut Job of the Year) sent me a link to what looks to be a future nut job favorite trail race. 

Check out the “Hairy Gorilla Half Marathon and Squirrely Six Mile Race” in Thatcher State Park, Voorheesville, NY, 15 miles from Albany - http://www.albanyrunningexchange.org/hgh/

Hairy Gorilla Finishers Medal - need I say more?!