Sunday, October 31, 2010

Possibilities

I am watching the Bills in overtime as I write this post.  Watching the Bills play, thinking they could win this one should make me a qualifier for the Nut Job of the Year award.

My running heroine from Connecticut, Emmy, asked me about our 2011 race schedule.  That is an interesting question.

What are we going to do next year?  Very big question.

What are you going to do next year?

Wow, Kansas City kick is no good!  Bills are still alive!  Could we possibly get our first win of the year?  Anything is possible.

That could be the nut job mantra - anything is possible.

I am terrified of heights and the nut jobs had me running along a rim with a 700 foot drop.  Anything is possible.

Two minutes left in overtime.  Tied at ten.

Do we go back to the Oil Creek 100 Trail Runs and try the 100k?  Do we do the 2011 Winter Beast of Burden?  Do we travel to South Carolina and check out one of Terry Hayes' awesome trail ultras?

Planning for the year ahead.  It is so much more fun when you're doing it with nut jobs.

37 seconds to go and Kansas City has the first down at the thirty five.

Doesn't look good but anything is possible.

I finished a 50k at Oil Creek.  The Bills can win this game.

25 seconds to go.  Kansas City at the 25 yard line.

Anything is possible, isn't it?  Swirling winds.  12 seconds, Chiefs at the 16 yard line.

5 seconds to go.  Here comes Succup.  What kind of a name is that?  35 yard field goal attempt.

Oh crap, it's good.

Okay, the Bills lost again, but still, anything really is possible.

So what are we doing next year?

I'm thinking, more long runs on Sundays during football season might be a good idea.