Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Treading Water With Wonder Woman

 
As I jog in place at a crossroad waiting for cars to pass, I think to myself that running in place is like treading water.  My feet are still going while my body takes a short nap.

I think about this as I resume my running, sweating like a Baba, listening to "Wonder Woman" on my MP3 player. 

"Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman
All the world's waiting for you,
and the power you possess."

Another crossroad, I tread water again.

Running suddenly feels empowering.  I can't wait to take off.  I am one with the song.

"In your satin tights
Fighting for your rights
and the old Red White and Blue."

After the cars have passed I break into a run.  My pace goes from an 11:20 to an 8:25 like nothing.

"Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman
Now the world is ready for you,
and the wonders you can do." 
(theme song from the TV Series "Wonder Woman")

I soon run out of breath and have to walk, but that's okay.  I was Wonder Woman for a few seconds there and it was good.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Boy, now you're wonder women! Won't be the same running with you anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.