Thursday, December 11, 2008

In Search of Running Happiness

Why are you going to run today? Is it to stay in shape? To feel good about yourself? Or do you have a big race coming up and you want to be runner-ready to conquer and destroy?

It is 20 degrees outside and a little on the icy side. I am going running today because it's been a long week and I am in need of a Zen like experience approaching euphoria.

Am I asking too much out of today's run? Will I find happiness? Will I get frostbite? Who knows. No two runs are alike. It's like snowflakes, except sweatier.

The only thing you know for sure when you head out the door is that you're doing something that needs to be done. We run because it doesn't feel right not to run.

See you out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.